- 1 lb box of Penne Pasta
- 3 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 Onion, diced finely
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of vodka
- 1 (14 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes (or more if you’d like some more heat)
- 1 tsp of salt
- Black Pepper
- Cook penne
- Over medium heat, combine butter and olive oil in a large sauce pan. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the vodka and allow it to reduce for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low and add tomato sauce and heavy cream. Combine well.
- Add red pepper flakes, salts, and pepper. Allow to simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes and combine with cooked penne.