- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 2 tbsp of minced garlic
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (6 oz) of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp of parsley
- 2 tbsp of basil
- 2 tsp of salt
- 24 oz container of cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Parsley
- 2 tsp salt
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese
- 8 lasagna noodles
- In a pot or large sauce pan, cook beef, sausage, and garlic on medium high heat until brown. I personally don’t usually take out any of the grease but that’s up to your personal preference. Add the cans of diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir in parsley, basil and salt. Begin boiling your noodles and allow this meat sauce to simmer until it’s needed.
- In a medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt.
- Assembly: 4 noodles at the bottom of your baking pan. Followed by half the cottage cheese, then half the mozzarella, then half of the meat sauce. Repeat for another layer. Then cover the top with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the over at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbling.