Easy Vegetarian Ramen
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Sweet Onions, Diced
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 6 cups Vegetable Broth
- 3 tbps of Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 1 or 2 bricks of Ramen noodles (depending on how soupy you want your ramen to be)
- 2 eggs
- In a stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add Onions, saute until edges are brown. Add minced garlic and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add vegetable broth and Soy Sauce and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat and allow to simmer. Depending on how quickly you want to eat, allow it to simmer for at least 10 minutes, but longer is better to allow all the flavors to combine.
- Add ramen bricks (I just used 2 Top Ramen bricks and threw away the spice packets) and crack two eggs directly into the broth.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes, depending on how cooked you want your noodles and eggs to be.
I accidentally made my eggs hardboiled the first time I made this. I was hoping for a more traditionally poached egg, but there’s always next time.